Sick as a (puppy) dog

On Friday after Frautag I was feeling less than rosy...my fluey cold which had started to improve on Thursday, hit its all time low on Friday. So low in fact that I had to call into work sick. :( Something I generally don't do, since I hate moping around the house feeling sorry for myself, and especially at the moment since we have a pile of pitch deadlines and 2/3 of the office is on holiday so work is pretty full on. But it couldn't be helped, I was feeling sick as a dog.

So I did end up moping around my aunties house feeling sorry for myself, until...this fellow showed up; Jacky the puppy!


Look at those eyes! There is no way you could refuse Jacky anything, least of all a cuddle.



I've always found animals to have healing powers, especially dogs and their unconditional love. One can't help but feel better. Jacky outdid himself by including some comedic relief when attempting to nibble his own foot.



Like myself he was still feeling a bit sleepy though, so we just 'laxed in the sun for a bit.



"You don't wanna leave aye Jacky?! Do you think they'd notice if I smuggled you back to the city?..."
Pretty soon Jacky had to go back home with his rightful owner...But I was very tempted to dognap him! I'm actually looking quite concerned in this picture as I have been known to drop a puppy...I always thought they automatically found their feet when they fall, like cats. Turns out they don't, so it was probably safer for everybody involved that Jacky went home, and I went back to bed, but feeling much better already.

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

  1. He’ sooo cute! I, too, want to dognap and cuddle him at home. You said you find comfort and feel better with a dog’s unconditional love, and I agree, so why don’t you get your own Jacky? Some fellow to cheer you up when you’re feeling down. Stacy Zimmerman @ Plymouth Veterinary Hospital, Inc

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts