Work hard, play hard

YEEOW! I made it to the second week of my new job/internship (but it definitely feels like a job!). Congratulations to me! This called for mid-week cocktails with my girls Caro and Theresa at Vorstadt Cafe...


Unfortunately with this new work of mine, the bloglet has been getting a bit neglected, especially since when I have come home at 7/7:30pm, there has always been a further distraction. A very welcome social distraction called...Lindsay! 

Before I launch into a recap of a crazy weekend with Lindsay, I should probably fill you in on how cooking for the boss went...There are normally 6 people in my cooking group, but on Friday one of my teammates was in another city for a meeting, and the boss ended up having a lunch date out of the office! He was very apologetic that he didn't let me know sooner, and I made fun of him suggesting he had made an appointment on purpose to escape my cooking...he denied it, but his awkward laugh kind of gave it away...but heck, I didn't mind! 

I had decided to make vegetarian enchiladas, which Mama had given me a "recipe" for. I write "recipe" because really she cooks a lot with "glugs" of this and "splashes" of that, so it was more like a rough guide. However I much prefer cooking like this anyway. Baking is for pedants, but cooking is for the not-so-perfect. Since I now had way too many ingredients for just four people, I kind of ended up having to wing it anyway, but all turned out well...


Veggie enchiladas filled with red lentils to replace the mince.
Since I was warned not to forget dessert, the enchiladas were followed by "choco-nanas"...
Oh, and of course the obligatory shot of 'Averna'.
My original plan was to freeze these as I have been doing over the last couple of weeks where it has been so super hot (30 degree range) in an attempt to stop myself from running to the gelateria that I recently discovered around the corner from my place every five minutes. 


The "too cool for school" version of "choco-nanas" with a crunchy peanut butter centre!
But on the Friday it was cold and dreary so the still slightly warm chocolate mixed perfectly with the Averna. 

Right, that's enough "shop talk" moving onto "social talk". Unfortunately (or actually maybe fortunately...) only one picture exist from the Friday night out in Munich town  with Lindsay and her cousin Dominique. It's actually not even a picture of the three of us, but instead a picture of Linds and I with Mr. Fedde Le Grande. How did we come by this pleasure? I think it went something like this...

After a spot of hostel-bar hopping, we rocked into Pacha sometime around 2am. We payed 15 Euro to see this DJ, whose name was vaguely familiar to me. Dominique being a sassy blonde somehow managed to push our way to the front and we ended up directly next to the DJ booth. This was a very wise choice since we were supplied with Jaeger shots. Yes, that is always a good thing! 

Mr. Le Grande was pumping to say the least! It only felt like an hour but it must've been far longer since it was close to 4am when his set finished. Afterward he took photos with fans. Since we were right there I figured we may as well stay in the line and Linds and I ended up getting the last photo with him. After I googled him for this post I realised he's actually a bit famous, so I'd say it was the lucky last! 

Unfortunately his bouncer failed to take a decent picture...Not sure what that bright white light is...
After our 15 seconds of fame we lost D, and were the last customers at Pacha...We sent bar staff and bouncers to hunt her down, but without success. I thought she may have gone next door to the (in)famous '089' bar (infamous since it has a "guaranteed hook up reputation") so we headed there. 

By this time it was 5am, yet '089' was still relatively full. Still no sign of D, so we figured we may as well stay now that we were here. Sure enough '089' lived up to its reputation and we were only disrupted from our good time when one of the final few exited the club and sunlight came rushing in. Almost simultaneously D reappeared and we made a less than graceful exit, returning to the hostel just before 8am, in time to wake up the Australians so they wouldn't miss their bus again, before heading to Linds and D's room for a wee beauty nap...

The rest of the weekend shenanigans will be continued soon!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts