New work, new life -Introducing Zibert + Friends

If you have been following the posts from the whirlwind week you'll know that I had an impossible decision to make about which PR/event agency I would be interning with for the next six months...

Option one: Boasting a huge variety of luxury brands, just ten minutes down the road in my 'hood, in a team of five within the 'Food' sector including responsibility for Nespresso and...New Zealand Wine. 

versus

Option two: The one a 30 minute train ride away, in an unfamiliar 'hood, within a mostly female environment, as assistant to the entire creative department focusing majorly on Events for clients such as VW and BMW, between collective cooking and yoga sessions.

One payed more, the other less. Should that factor into the equation? Or should I just go with where I thought I could use all of my strengths and learn the most...

I lost sleep over the matter on Wednesday night, as I to-ed and fro-ed the pros and cons. Being as proactive as I am, I had already made this list prior to even getting the second offer. I told you I had a feeling!

In the end I went with where I thought I could learn the skills that I was lacking as someone who hadn't studied event-management, such as pitching (successfully!), and developing the creative concept of an event, all while sparing a thought for the environment. This ended up being option two. So let me introduce you to my employer for the next six months (hopefully!)...ZIBERT + FRIENDS!

This is the team. And here you can check out photos of my new work environment, we've even got an original Swiss gondola atop our rooftop terrace that is used for meetings! 'Tis pretty snazzy yeah?!

Most of the team is divided up into cooking groups of 5-6 people and everyday one of these 5/6 cooks for the other 4/5. I ended up in the same cooking class as the boss...just my luck! He seems like a pretty chilled out guy, but I definitely haven't been boasting about my Fräulein ways, since I'll already have to prove my chefing skills! Wouldn't wanna get fired for my failed meal...

It's not that I'm lacking inspiration or ideas, but of course I wanna be clever about this (time-wise) but know I will have trouble estimating the portion quantities for six people. Wouldn't want anyone to starve! Least of all me!! Apparently salad and a desert should also me considered (!!!), although this can be bought cookies. Just a little something for the sweet-tooth (which I can totally understand)!

I have yet to decide what I shall be cooking. I'll have to consider ingredient costs, and how to get them all from the supermarket to the office...Shall certainly keep you posted!

Although I feel like this will be the ultimate test, I suppose I just have to pretend I'm Julia Child over lunchtime and even if things go wrong, just pick it off the floor and carry on!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts