Munich to Meh-hi-co!

After our very looooong night out and only an hour nap, Linds and Dominique woke me up (after they had been rudely awakened by the cleaning lady who thought they had already checked out...) to arrange a lunch date and, in a way, celebrate that we were still standing! 

As mentioned, Lindsay is gluten intolerant, so the typical Bavarian meal options are somewhat limited for her, throw in a pescitarian Fräulein and you really have to think about where to eat together. 

Thankfully Lindsay's mum had done her "gluten free" research and found this fabulously fresh wee 'taqueria'. So off we headed for a slice of Meh-hi-co at La Taqueria Milagros!


Our seriously deprived energy levels were already boosted when faced with the refreshingly colourful interior.
Rather loved these chairs...(I initially wrote "cheers"...brainwash much?!)
...as well as the collection of quirky Mexican curiosities!


The aim of La Taqueria Milagros is to:

...embrace the Mexican philosophy toward food by using only the freshest herbs, spices, chiles, vegetables, and meat products, prepared fresh daily for your enjoyment.

Well Milagros, you succeeded! I ended up being a bit late for the lunch date so Lindsay and Dominique had already demolished their nachos, hence I failed to get shots of their meals...
Too late!
Mine is also not the most aesthetically pleasing since I had to unwrap it, but you can definitely see the freshness! The system is kind of like Subway but with Mexican specialities (for the Kiwis, like a indie version of 'Mexicali').
I ordered the 'Mexi wrap' which comes stuffed with rocket, chipotle cream cheese, pico de gallo (chopped tomato, white onion, and chilis), and I chose to have the 'Shrimp ceviche' version. It was fresh, it was tasty and the 'pico de gallo' (literally rooster's beak) definitely pecked a punch! (Hah! See what I did there?!) 

To wash it down I was tempted by a ice cold cerveza, but instead tried their lime+mint 'Agua Fresca'. This too was a tangy, zingy energy elixir! 


Happy customers!
Wanna know the best part? For this perfect hangover meal, I payed less than ten Euro! In Munich, this really is a 'milagros'! I shall definitely be returning. 

As a closing thought:


"Those who share food do not spend their lives alone."
Exactamente. 

Big gracias to Lindsay's mum for discovering this wee 'milagros', and Linds for taking me there!

More to catch up on tomorrow, first I must rest up this hideous cold of mine...

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts