New camera, better blog

I have some good news, and some bad news...I shall start with the bad since I always try to end things on a good note.

So my dear Swedish friend Jeanna, mentioned in yesterday's post, is a little...shall we say chaotic?! One of her biggest problems is the continual loss of her phone. During the couple of days I spent with her in Stockholm, it became our running joke to ask where her phone was, and every time (!!) she had to check. And most times, she didn't know.

Now since my phone takes even worse photos than an iPhone, I had all my hopes pinned on her to get some somewhat decent photos of the trip and most importantly the only photos we took of our Midsommar feast. Well guess what?! Hmmm...She lost her phone! 

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do in the meantime but cross our fingers that she is just sitting on it (yes, that happened.). I will wait one more day just in case she finds it, but until then, share those good news with you!

Upon my return to Munich, a package had arrived for me.


I was highly suspicious, since I wasn't expecting anything, and three out of four of these lines had an error. It should have read:

Julia Schenz
bei Bloch / Findeis
Schleissheimerstr. 121
80797 Muenchen

I also didn't recognise the sender's name, so I almost didn't open it thinking it may contain explosives (cue Papa saying "You watch too much TV!"...). Well I was brave and opened it anyway, and thank goodness! Because it contained my new baby:


I introduce to you, Canon PowerShot Ixus 125 HS! Isn't she a beauty?! :) 

I ordered her with my 60,000 Star Alliance flight miles. Sure I could've got a trip halway around the world for those miles, or got an upgrade to business, but thanks to the ridiculously complicated booking system, I would've had to book such an expensive booking class to begin with, that it just wasn't worth it. So I spent it on Ixus. 

I had planned her arrival in perfect unison with my departure in April, but just because I'm organised doesn't unfortunately mean others are. I still had the hope that Mama could bring her over, since she flew out a week later but Ixus still hadn't arrived!

Thankfully Mama now managed to arrange friends to bring it with them, and she is safe and sound in my possession.

So the good great news is, no more crappy pictures for you!!! 

It has really irked me, not having "perfect" photos to post, since I don't like doing things half-heartedly, but that is about to change. 

I already took her on a trip yesterday, more about that soon! Until then.

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts