Artist Breakfast -what does your breakfast say about you?

I've mentioned before what a breakfast fan I am. Well last week, on Thursday 18th July to be exact, this happened:


A global, 24 hour event where artists uploaded images of their breakfasts. I read about it on Facebook since I follow the MoMa page (yes, Facebook can be educational!). The "communal breakfast" if you will, was organised by NY-based artist David Horvitz in response to Japanese artist Mieko Shiomi's "Spatial Poems". 

These were my favourites (please note, that for once, most of the images in this post weren't taken by me):

For those that don't like the different components of their meal touching...

breakfast score - multiple choice

Food items: eggs/peppers, toast/jam, avocado, pear
Time eating began: 8:32am PST/ 11:32am EST Location: Tomales Bay, CA (imaginary)/ Brooklyn, NY (actual)
This one I wouldn't actually like to eat, but it's definitely artistic. I love how something beautiful was made out of something decaying.

breakfast with remnants of the past...

coffee, cereals, old fruits
Lyon, France. 13.05 pm (late breakfast), CEST.
The winner for me out of the "mueslis", plus the name is just cute; 'breakfast with bunny ears'.

breakfast with bunny ears

plum, nectarine, peach, banana, almonds, blueberry muesli, soymilk, coffee, half & half, sparkling water, vitamin c, sunday's paper (still)
Los Angeles, CA. 9:21 am, PDT.
A playful start to the day with this tic-tac-toe breakfast.

Tic-Tac-Toe Breakfast

Bread, goat cheese, Gouda cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, mango juice, coffee, milk.
Rotterdam - The Netherlands. 9:30am, CET.
My kind of spread! I could spend hours consuming this...

Constellation breakfast.

List: Boiled eggs Milk Greek yogurth Panela Raisins Avocado Arepa Coffee Apple Banana Grapes Bread Cream cheese
Starting at 9:27, Bogotá, Colombia. COT.
Accompanied by some informative reading of course.

Berlin, Germany. 9:15am, CEST.
Perhaps I need to get more of a life, but I really enjoyed trying to guess which country each breakfast had been posted from, many surprises. I think what one has for breakfast, whether one has breakfast at all, says a lot about a person. I don't understand people that only have a coffee and cigarette "for breakfast". What a wasted start to the day! 

The main reason I get out of bed in the morning is in anticipation of breaking the fast, sinking my teeth into some refreshingly sweet fruit and half a litre of water spiked with tangy lemon juice to wash it down. That's just the opening of my breakfast though. At least one more course always follows...

This was one from a few weeks ago:


If you're still lacking breakfast inspiration, I recommend you check out this BKFST tumblr. Just try not to drool all over your keyboard please... :)

I'm off to the bakery for some treats!
Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts