Breakfast (lunch & dinner) like an Emperor

After our South Tyrolian adventure, it was time for some r&r. No, not quite rest and relaxation, but rather rest and reading. I had a 277 page manuscript to get through after all...However, there is nothing to say you can't do it in beautiful surroundings. Perhaps with a view like this?



This is the view from my grandparents house in Austria. That mountain-chain is known as the 'Wilde Kaiser' ("Wild Emperor"). He's actually not that wild since he's obviously taking a nap. Can you see it? The left side is his head and upper body, he has a bit of a long neck leading to his pot belly. I didn't quite get the angle right, but you get the idea...

Since my grandparents were staying at their apartment in Germany, Papa and I got the house (and view) all to ourselves! Such a treat! Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike my Oma and Opa, but since I was the first grandchild and even worse, the only one until I was 15, I get fussed over to this day. Having someone ask you what you would like/need/require every five minutes of the day is exhausting



The above is an example of the state of all my Oma's drawers. Utter perfection. No doubt about it, she is the epitome of a perfect housewife. But can you see how my slightly more relaxed ways can sometimes clash with this?

Thankfully we didn't have to worry about sitting at the "proper" table this weekend. Let alone proper tablecloths or matching crockery. 

We set up our table and bench with the optimal view and ate like a king emperor!


Breakfast...


...lunch...

As you can see, I too am actually a perfectionist. But for things that matter, like grammar, spelling...and arranging 'Insalata Caprese'. All that perfectionism from Oma, and to my dismay, she didn't have fresh basil in the garden! What's that about?! 


...and dinner.

A successful day indeed.

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts