A round-up & a realisation

I know, I know, I have been a bit slack again lately however I promise it's not because I don't like you anymore...I just haven't had the time. Even though I have been spending plenty of time in front of the lappy the past couple of days, it was spent catching up on German and NZ uni work, which isn't nearly as much fun as catching you up! 

I have a few weeks to catch you up on so rather than go into all the details as I usually would (yes I have been told I am a high-context person...), I thought a round-up could be funner for me, and less painful for you! Furthermore I came to a bit of a realisation. But more about that after the round-up. Without further ado, may I present...the past couple of weeks:

NB: This is my first attempt at a round up...I'll try my hardest to keep it brief! 

It started when my friend Anna popped over for a visit from Stockholm. 

Swedish Anna, moi & Munich Anna
Anna was also visiting her (also Swedish!) friend (also!) Anna who now lives in Munich. I'm thinking the Swedes need to get a bit more creative with their name choices?...In any case Munich Anna, moved to Munich at the end of last year, as she fell in love with a German...who can blame her?! :)

Naturally we ate lots of good food, drank even more and made new friends, but mostly we wandered in the sunshine and enjoyed each others company.

The Monday was (yet another) public holiday...A friend of mine wanted to check out an exhibition in the idyllic town of Rosenheim, and since me and another friend were keen to escape to the country for a day, we joined. Besides, a bit of culture couldn't hurt right? The exhibition was about Alexander the Great, turns out he was a bit of an a-hole though, so not keen to dwell on him. Personal highlight, this beauty:

Tiramisu cup; tiramisu topped with chocolate, vanilla and hazelnut ice cream...I realise I also have a sweet lazy-eye, but let's just focus on the cup and all its glory yeah?!
Next up, Mama came back to town! She spent most of her six weeks in the country chilling with Papa up in the cool Hamburg where she has been eating her way through the city. Like mother, like daughter I suppose...She actually left a map for me, where she has marked and rated all the culinary highlights, so I look forward to following her "trail of breadcrumbs" in a couple of weeks when I plan to visit Papa myself.  

But first she enjoyed lunch with her daughter, and friends. These friends live in Christchurch but are originally Bavarian, and were also currently on holiday here, so it was easier to meet up in Germany. This was my first time meeting them and their two adorable daughters. 

Evidently, Mama is pretty smitten...I almost got jealous.
We had lunch at our favourite dining location in Munich, the Cafe Glockenspiel (more about this another time!), but this was my to-die-for-dessert...

Of course one needs a two-course lunch.
I don't remember exactly what it was, kind of like cheesecake but not cheesy, instead made with 'Quark' which is lighter (at least it tastes like it, hah!) and creamier, atop a biscuit base served with rhubarb and strawberry coulis and chocolate mousse.

As it was a bit hectic with a baby and toddler, we soon made our way outside for a digestive walk and a visit to the Milka (chocolate) factory. Annoyingly I didn't get a single strange look from anyone passing us about my pushing of the baby containing pram!! 


Basket baby anyone?
Family photo in front of random fallen Buddha...
In the evening I got Mama back for myself, to prepare for our last outing together for a while...Beyonce's Mrs. Carter World Tour!


Obviously she was amazing, but seeing her dance and sing like that kind of put doubts in my mind as to whether she was in fact singing live...sure it's her job to train herself to be able to continue singing like that while dancing, but I question whether it is actually humanly possible while shaking your booty like there is no tomorrow?! If the average person off the street would just attempt to dance like that they would most probably fall over from lack of oxygen! Also she didn't give a single encore. The minute the curtain dropped they started packing up. That was disappointing. 

Of course it was a special night, but the knowledge that she will be giving exactly the same performance in another city the next night, kind of lessens such concert experiences. Just like Taylor Swift and any other great popstars, they say their "Hello Auckland!" or "Hello Munich, Amsterdam, London, whatever" and that's the only time you get any real personality for the night...I applaud the audience member who slapped her booty yesterday! He (I'm assuming it was a 'he' who couldn't resist!), was probably just trying to mix things up a little! :)   

On Friday it was time to say "see ya Mama"! This wasn't so fun since I don't know how soon this "see you" will be, but unlike the last time I said goodbye to her, I didn't in the slightest get the urge to get on the plane with her...What also made the farewell bearable was the fact that she had unintentionally planned for her check-in to be directly next to the FC Bayern team who were on their way to London. So that was a nice bonus! Can't say I've ever seen that many All Blacks in one go...

Since we had a sickening drop in temperature during that week from 20-something Degrees Celsius down to 6 (!!!) and I had been sniffling already, but needed to be fit for the game come Saturday night, I considered it wise to stock up on some anti-oxidants, trashy mags and make the most of our bathtub...

Those sachets are the most amazing bath salts, if you look closely you can see they have weed in them. Not sure if this would be legal in NZ but weed in bath salt form mixed with opium (poppies) smells amazing!
Saturday night came, and it was time for some more football madness! Since the weather was hideous and super-cold we had decided to watch the game at a friend's house along with homemade pizza and FC Bayern themed, chocolate cupcakes with raspberry cream. 

They weren't the prettiest, but they helped since we won!!
Afterward, when we had successfully put on our "alcohol blanket", we joined thousands of others celebrate the victory on the infamous Leopoldstrasse, aka the FCB party mile. It was pure craziness. In a good way.

'Mia san mia' -We are who we are.
Obviously Sunday then took a bit of recovery time, and after visiting friends to share left-over pizza and cupcakes for breakfast, I spent majority of the day here:

On our delicious couch...
Monday I visited my pregnant flatmate in hospital, who had almost gone into premature labour. She got out today so all is well now hopefully. As long as she doesn't go into labour while I am home alone with her we should be okay. 

Afterward my other flatmate, who has now moved out helped me move her double bed into my room, so I could get off my quirky, though not so comfortable "shipping palettes + mattress" construction. Yay!! It's much more comfortable of course, but I have had some messed up dreams/nightmares since sleeping in it so may have to practice some feng shui or something...

And that brings us to...today!! Uff...you made it!!! Congrats, but I am all up to date now, and will post smaller snippets again from now on to spare you the scrolling...Oh the realisation! I almost forgot!! Well that can be tomorrow's snippet. I'll let you go for now. You did well. Have a cuppa!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts