The realisation -and a shout out to the guys!

For 2013 my one resolution was:


Really, I couldn't believe I hadn't been trying to live by this my entire life! What is life without a little flutter of the heart?! 

Obviously it's not realistic to expect to go bungy jumping or the like everyday to get your heart racing, but I think, it's about the little things. Just saying yes (!!!) to any opportunities that may arise during your days, or nights... ;) 

A lot of things scare me, so it's relatively easy for me to find things to get my heart racing. Or so I thought. It used to be silly things, like having to serve that table of total babes while working in a restaurant, having to carry that tray of seemingly extra wobbly wine glasses across the super slippery wooden floor to them without dropping, spilling or bailing while still trying (desperately!) to look cool...Have you any idea how intimidating that is?! Told you it was silly. But after one nails it the first time (the carrying the glasses part, not the floor)...you realise just how silly you were being. 

That was a realisation of sorts for me. But not the one I just came to. 

Moving back to Germany was part of this "scaring" myself saga. Since my first attempt two years ago was a bit of a failI quit my design degree and demanded Mama pick me up after four days!the idea of trying again was, as you can imagine, more than a little scary.

But then I stumbled across this beauty of a quote:

And my intuition told me to try again. Thankfully, everything has worked out so far. But this is kind of the problem. I already feel so comfortable here now, that I actually forget where I am! I have to remind myself to speak German because I feel as comfortable as I would meandering the streets of Auckland, or even closer to home, Matakana. I don't like it. I miss the buzz! At this stage the prospect of returning to NZ seems far more scary, since I know that when I return, I''ll not only be broke, meaning I'll have to come crawling back into the nest, but worst of all, I'll pretty much be a friend-less Fräulein...But I suppose there's no use in worrying about that just yet. It is a good thing I'm comfortable here, so I should just roll with it and find something else to keep my heart racing.

And this is where I would like to say a special thank you to the male species of this world. Us females try to tell ourselves that we don't need you, and we don't really. We can live without you. But life would just be so dull! The way you keep us on our toes with your little games, the way we don't really understand you and your creature habits most of the time challenge us...


...although that probably goes both ways. It's not that we need you to make us happy, but having you in the world for those moments of exceptional eye contact in the street, or having you blatantly check us out in the check-out line while trying to analyse our shopping, or being able to sit next to you and appreciate your masculine scent, the endless opportunities. I would like to thank you for those moments, because sometimes, they do actually make my day. 

Right that's enough of that. Wouldn't want your egos to over inflate...Yesterday you didn't make my day, that credit goes to my friend Anna, who made it very easy for me say "YES!" to booking flights to Stockholm!! Really I shouldn't afford it, since I should focus on getting a job first but then I thought...


A happy weekend to you all!
Your truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts