Home sweet home!

Where to begin...I think, over the past week I have found home. On Wednesday I moved into my new abode, a 100 square meter apartment (including high-ceilings and balcony) in...Schwabing. Swanky Schwabing that is! For Kiwi readers, it could be described as the Ponsonby of Munich. Although of course much bigger, and less hipster invaded, as there is still a lot of old money residing in these parts. So perhaps it's more like a mash-up of Ponsonby and Parnell?

It all happened very quickly. I saw the ad on Saturday, wrote yet another introduction about myself and how I imagine life in the potential new home, including link to Facebook profile and photosyes it's ridiculous the things you gotta do to even get invited to the popular "mass castings" that your potential flatmates arrange! THAT is how hard it is to find a place in Munichand on Sunday I met my now flatmates, and a deal was struck. And thank goodness! Because as kind as all my friends here have been about having me stay, I was beginning to feel like a bit of a floor/couch/spare bed slut...four in five days/nights is a bit of a record. Besides I just need my own space, otherwise I go crazy. Okay, crazier.

Thursday, Mama and I hit Ikea where I got slightly carried away...Two of my flatmates are a couple, about to have their first child. Initially I was a bit shocked, because they seem so young, but I was really shocked this morning when I learned she is 30 and he is 32! They could totally pass for mid-twenties! In any case, due to the imminent arrival of the pitter-patter of small feet, and with it the nightly, not-so-cute baby screams, part of the deal was that I could only stay until the end of June, which I was already kind of dreading since I only just put all my furniture together (year 10 wood/metal tech class totally payed off!) and unpacked! BUT, this morning my fortune changed for the better yet again, as they informed me that they had found their "dream home" and will be moving out instead! It's still not official, as the papers will be signed on Monday, but at this very moment they are planning the layout of their new home (Jonas is an architect), and I am happy in the knowledge that I will most probably not have to leave my new found home until I return to NZ. 

Since Mama has left me camera-less yet again, and I can't show you pretty pictures of my new palace, I shall leave you with some photos I came across on my quest to find this palace. I am warning you, it ain't pretty:

Seriously?!! Wouldn't you at least tidy the place for the day to try and entice people to want to live with you???
Looks like someone just tried to burgle the place.
Probably did, since this is the way to it. Perfect for creeps to hide in the bush, and attack you on your way "home".
But that's okay, at least you'll be safe in you windowless cupboard/cell of a room.
When you're seriously searching for a place to live, these kind of images are no cause for amusement, rather depression. And the worst part is, you actually consider them! But since I've found a place, let's laugh it up!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x



Comments

Popular Posts