One of my favourite people in the world -Princess N

So many good things have been happening lately which I've been meaning to share and I was planning to post a list of all the quirky differences I've been noticing between NZ and MUC, until I got a rather distressed what's app from my dear friend Nicola aka Princess N this morning... :(


Princess N. Although sometimes she's so good, she's the Queen (of effing everything!).
So I thought the list can wait. I already gave her a pep-talk this morning so I hope she got a good nights sleep, but I thought I would also dedicate a wee post to her in an attempt to hopefully bring back her sparkle. 


Look at her sparkle! 
I first met N through our Swedish-connection as we both had the pleasure of living with some crazy Swedes. Initially I was a tad intimidated by her, not just due to her Amazonian stature, but more so her Amazonian attitude. No she doesn't roam around the bush starkers! (At least she hasn't so far, not even on a Crazy Bird escapade...) but because she is fierce. You do not wanna mess with N. Myself being a bit of a pacifier, I was never that keen to talk to her for fear of saying something silly (let's be honest, happens a bit...) and awakening the beast! Just kidding, she's not that bad, I would've loved to see her face as she's reading that bit though. :) She is merely opinionated, and not afraid to voice those opinions. And this is one of my favourite traits about her. I am not a fan of people who sit on the fence about important matters. No, not political opinion or how to achieve World Peace (I have another N-friend for that), but important matters like knowing someone will have your back and stand by you no matter what. In the end we bonded over being the only two Kiwis in the Swedish-Mexican-Canadian-American gang. And our love of good food. 



Sometimes I like to annoy her just to see how far I can push her. She pretends she doesn't like it, but really she loves the challenge. Aye Nic?!
N is also the most proactive person I have ever met. If something needs doing, she's already done it. A vital skill when it comes to her career of choice, Event-management (with a side of Marketing), and even more so for the private-party planning of the Classy Birds. Without her, there would be no Classy Birds. This proactivity can also often get us into trouble though. While I am still weighing up the pro's & con's of doing something slightly shall we say...risqué (usually alcohol related)...N leaves no time to ponder and is already busy dragging me into whatever it is we shouldn't be doing. Okay actually I just thought about that, and that's not the whole truth. In such instances we are as bad as each other...Sorry N! But I know we are the kind of friends that couldn't bail each other out of jail because we'd be sitting beside each other, at least I'd have some classy company...

Or crazy...I never quite know. Obviously we know the answer to this, but let's pretend we are.
I really needn't concern myself with this though, because N is far too classy and clever to get herself into such situations. I reckon she could quite possibly rule the world one day, or at least an event empire. Speaking of empire, she was also the one to get me into the 'Empire State of Mind', and who I am planning New Years in New York with. If our past adventures are anything to go by, it will be most fabulous. 


Kisses to you until NYC!
They say you become like the five people you most surround yourself with, and I am honored to name N as one of my five. Thanks for being you and proving that it doesn't matter whether you are one opposite sides of the planet, things change, but friendship remains a constant. 

And don't forget: Breathe it all in, love it all out. 

Yours truly,
Duchess x

Comments

Popular Posts