Breakfasting like the queens/Hobbits

Breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day. I think part of me really must be "Kiwi", as my eating/breakfast habits have become similar to that of Hobbits...

6am - Breakfast
8am - Second Breakfast

10am - Elevensees (a bit premature, but extends well past 11am into Lunch)  

Luckily for me, no one does breakfast quite like the Germans. Naturally, breakfast may extend into brunch/lunch, as today, when I had my first friend catch up with the lovely Franziska aka Franka! 

She had the brilliant idea to go out for breakfast, something I don't tend to do so much in NZ as I get a bit over "Eggs Bene" and Mama's breakkie is unbeatable. This means after a hard night out on the town, I will always manage to drive myself the hour back home to Matakana at some ridiculously early hour (sometimes straight after town...) of the weekend morning, just to indulge in her breakfast. 

We went tJürgen's Cafe in Pfaffenhofen (the next biggest town from my family's village), and this breakfast was something to behold...

Franka opted for the Wellness breakfast which cost around 8 or 

While I went for the 'Schlemmer' (Glutton's) breakfast for around 10
The scrambled eggs had mushrooms stirred through which was delicious despite my not being a mushroom fan. The camembert was perfectly creamy and smoked salmon and horseradish is always a winning combo. They really love each other. 

Our morning feast!
The best part about our breakfasts however was, that whatever breakkie you order, it comes with a glass of OJ, a hot drink of your choice, a basket full of carby goodness including mini-croissants and proper German buns, accompanied by jam, honey and of course Nutella! Amazing!

The lovely Franka!
Of course, a perfect meal is nothing without perfect company, so for over two hours we stuffed ourselves with food and facts of life. I could definitely get used to this! Franka is still a student as well and has Thursday mornings off, so we may just establish a breakfast club! 

Happiness.
Now I shall have to catch up on uni work...and digest.
Missing you Kiwis, hope you haven't forgotten about me already...

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x


Comments

Popular Posts