Departure and arrival


My journey from Auckland to Munich was a bit of a disaster...Upon arrival at Auckland International Airport, we discovered that Emirates had cancelled my flight. Oh dear... With the two Classy Bird-Princesses Nicola and Rebecca (more about them soon) in tow, I lined up for check-in, while Mama went to work her magic at the ticketing counter. There was no way I would stay another night in Auckland.

Mama told the lady that I had an “interview” (I was gonna pull out the funeral card...bad taste I know!), on Tuesday morning and that I had to be in Munich Monday night, next thing I know I was on a flight out of Auckland. Once again, Mama proved she really is a miracle worker! She always gets what she wants, a talent I have yet to fully master (I get what I want most of the time)...

The Princesses were absolutely fabulous (as always!), waiting patiently and keeping me entertained! Making it all the more difficult to say goodbye...But it wasn't so much a goodbye, as a “see you in New York!”. But I am missing them already, so I better have a lot of fun over the next months to ensure that time flies. When it doesn't I will just have to listen to this:



The Classy Birds, not goodbye but see you in NYC! Photocredit: Nicola Pepperell
The rest of the flight wasn't much better, as I missed a connecting flight, and of course my suitcase never made it to Munich...Emirates may be "cheaper", but after this I can certainly not recommend them. You get what you pay for.

At least I made it here, and my aunty and cousins picked me up from the airport and brought me home to bubbles! It's like I never left. The next morning I was up before the crack of dawn for a run with my aunty followed by a well-deserved big, fat, Bavarian Breze (pretzel) for breakfast! Hmmm...I think this will become my morning ritual.

To my dismay the snow is all gone...all but a pitiful pile left over from clearing the driveway. But yesterday the sun was shining and it was a clear, crisp day. I decided that such a day could not be wasted and convinced my cousin to join me in opening the Biergarten (Beergarden) season, by having a cheeky post-lunch beer (okay I had a Radler...) in the Biergarten across the road. First he thought I was kidding, but he didn't need much convincing. The Biergarten boss thought we were a a couple of crazies, but since we were his only customers and he has had his Biergarten open since middle of March, he could hardly complain!

Unfortunately I am currently operating sans-camera, as my new baby failed to arrive in NZ before I departed, so I apologise for the temporary lack of photos. You will just have to rely on my splendid descriptions and your own imagination!

Tomorrow I will be going out to breakfast, to have the first of my friend catch-ups! I shall ask her to bring a camera so your eyes can feast.

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts