I want to ride my bicycle...the LMU & best pizza in the world (so far!)

Yikes so much to catch up on again! The weekend came and went with mixed emotions...

Friday night I fell asleep during the very important football game; Bayern München vs. someone...yeah I know, how could I?!

Saturday afternoon was spent shopping at Ingolstadt Village, literally a village of designer outlets. Can't say I'm a label basher, and a jacket from €600 down to €300 still doesn't strike me as a "bargain", but it is certainly an interesting place to shop or rather, people watch. You can imagine the shoppers that labels such as Roberto Cavalli, Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger attract...Mostly impeccably dressed and very "oh la la!" but in some cases I think Roberto, Ralph and Tommy would, or maybe should quit the business. Mostly I withstood temptation and left with a pair of chucks and a Michael Kors dress. The former I really needed, the latter was just nice. However the day ended in a somewhat depressing manner as my cousin (four years younger than myself) went out to party, and I went to bed...It was at this point that I was truly, madly, deeply missing my Classy Birds. Yes, you will learn about them very soon! Promise.

Sunday rolled around and thankfully my friend Julia provided a welcome distraction from teenage boys and football. Julia had planned a cycling trip around the wonderful Wörthsee. I really hate myself for not having a camera on me, as the view across the lake was stunning. All the way to the Southern Alps! In saying that, I don't think a picture could've quite captured the mood anyway (although there is even a Facebook page!). Everyone was out enjoying the sun and we could really smell spring in the air! We also had a small adventure as Julia managed to get us a bit lost and we ended up in some forest and the boggiest of bogs. Less than ideal, as I was wearing my brand new, white chucks...In a desperate attempt to keep them white, I pedaled for my life as not to get stuck in the mud! Alas, I got the giggles, lost my balance and my chucks are white no more...we ended our roundtrip soaking up the last of the sun's rays on one of the many jettys, before stopping by Julia's Mama's place for coffee and cake (told you it was tradition!). Bliss. 

Monday I had my first German university experience. Having crashed the night on Julia's couch in the swanky suburb of Schwabing, I was super-central and could walk to the LMU. I was a bit impressed with myself for not getting lost, not even within the maze of corridors that make up the university buildings. The meeting was interesting, and I even got a shout-out, although the lady initially asked if the "colleague from Australia was present" (!!!) but she quickly corrected herself (lucky lady!) and regained my respect. 

More importantly I already made a couple of friends. Yay! The only downside about these new friends is that they are already masters-students, so we wouldn't typically have any lectures together, but as I seem to be able to attend whatever lectures I want, I'm hoping we will still get to hang out! 

The other downside: apparently the German publishing industry is similar to the New Zealand, in that the majority is female...Boo! Of course I think it's great that women outnumber the men in some sector, but why mine?! Surely one babe isn't too much to ask for?!...Ah well guess I'll just have to hang out in the other departments. Or limit my culinary outings to Italian restaurants...

This is what we did last night, and had a pizza the size of...I can't even find a comparison...40cm in diameter at least! I mean I'm often one to exaggerate but I kid you not it was hanging over the already oversized plate. There was more pizza on the table than on the plates! Now quantity does not always mean quality but in this case, it tasted as impressive as it looked. Especially when served by the Italian waiter, who already had us drooling before the pizza even arrived...hey, a little flirting never killed anyone. The table next to us was also occupied by Italians (doesn't that prove that this place does amazing pizza if Italians bother to come here?!), who of course conversed in Italian, which legitimised the atmosphere. Who needs Roma, or Palermo (Nobody needs Palermo!), when you have Munich?! 

Uff! Done for today, off to eat last night's leftovers... :)

Off to meet up with these two cool cats in Hamburg tomorrow for Mama's birthday. My mouth is already watering in anticipation of her birthday meal out!

M&P...they're a bit cute!


Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x 
   

Comments

Popular Posts