Matakana back to Munich


In my recent Love letter to Auckland, I briefly mentioned my leaving the City of Sails, without giving you further details...I realise this was a bit cruel of me, my sincerest apologies. I just didn't have time to write a more elaborate post before I actually left New Zealand. From now I will be reporting from Munich, Germany until further notice.

As the Fräulein is rather restless, and never really knows which end of this wonderful earth to call home, and couldn't possibly face a winter in Auckland without getting depressed, she decided that while she was still unemployed (or in a non-publishing related job), studying (by correspondence) and a Fräulein (happily so!), what better time to change from Matakana, NZ back to Munich for a while?!

After I received a most welcoming email from the prestigous Ludwig-Maximilian-University (LMU), the university of the arts in Munich which offers a three year bachelor programme in publishing, in response to my request about hoping to attend some of their lectures, the deal was sealed! Furthermore I will be helping establish an official exchange programme between the LMU and my New Zealand publishing programme, Whitireia.

Apparently it is quite difficult to find a “flat”/place to live in Munich, obviously I'm not the first person to rate “The metropolis with heart” as the city's slogan goes...so hopefully luck is on my side (as usual) and I find a place to live. In which case, the plan is to stay at least until I graduate my NZ post-graduate diploma, as well as finish the summer-semester at the LMU in August.

But after August comes September, which means...Oktoberfest time! Which naturally, I must stay for. Then it's almost Christmas, which I would quite like to experience as the cold version again, and thereafter comes New Years, which I have promised to spend in New York. More on New York for New Years another time...

Then again, I may just miss the ocean too much (now that I have become a surf addict!), and end up back in my beloved Auckland/Matakana prematurely. But first a European spring/summer is to be had!

Found this on Pinterest (where else?!), so not sure who to credit for this cool image...

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts