New Year, New Blog!



Well well welcome, to Fräulein SoulFood! Finally I get to click publish on my first post of the year!
Admittedly I’m a week late, there is a reason for this… I tend to get excited by the original idea of a lot of things, but as soon as I think about the next step, which usually involves putting in the effort to learn more about something or practice to get good at something, my enthusiasm deflates as quickly as a failed soufflé!
This time however, I was pleasantly surprised at the skill at which I continued to ride this wave of enthusiasm without questioning (too many times at least!) whether I can actually be bothered with this whole blog-business! There are just so many bloody good ones already!
As you can see in my Blogroll I am not a total newbie on the blog-block, but my first attempt; Timetraveller, is in hindsight just a tad too melancholy… I invite you to read the “Sydney” and “Wellington” posts which I still enjoy reading, however I’ll warn you that the rest of the self-pitying blabber is probably a waste of your time…life is too short! Oh! There I go again…just kidding. Life is just the right length, if you get the balance right!
Although I enjoy reading a lot of different blogs (I will reveal my favourites along the way!), sometimes I become over-saturated (aka bored!) when they all hype about the same trends (be it living or dining) and I see the same pictures on different blogs! Clearly, Balance is crucial in virtual, as well as real life!
So as I think of my blog as a reflection of ME (not the latest Vogue…), while I may occasionally “re-post” something super-inspirational I stumble across, I am going to post MY work.
Join me and get to know the many colourful characters in the adventurous (oh how I can lie!) life of Fräulein SoulFood!
Yours truly
Fräulein SoulFood
PS: Julie&Julia was on T.V. tonight, so I figured that’s a sign for me (also Julia) to start a food blog if ever there was one! So wish me luck or rather some extra self-discipline please!

Comments

Popular Posts