Matakana Day Out! -Part Two

Yes, yes, I know I’ve missed a few days but no more apologising for Fräulein SoulFood’s busy life! Be grateful for what you get! :)

Now, what were we up to…So after our lazy and not too healthy lunch, we decided a walk would do us good. But not just ANY walk, it was to be the Brick Bay Sculpture Trail. Showcasing not only a proud repertoire of New Zealand sculptural works, but also the venue for Brick Bay wine tasting and many a fancy wedding (Mama SoulFood is convinced this is where one day I will be wed!...) The Glass House, a unique contribution to New Zealand architecture that could be considered the largest sculpture of them all.

So I’m not going to post pictures of every single bloody sculpture, because not only are there so very many of them and it takes forever to upload just one image (ah the perks of living in the countryside!), but I also want you to go check it out for yourself! Do it!

These were my highlights:

Gregor Kregar

It appears the ‘Rugby World Cup Fever’ is still lingering… Very cute little fellas!

Konstantin Dimopoulos

"Avatar" trees in Matakana!

Jeff Thomson

These corrugated iron waterlilies, that’s what they remind me of anyway, remain my favourite!


However the most beautiful part of the walk for me is actually what has been there for who-knows how many years, the sections of dense, damp New Zealand bush. One can't help but feel refreshed and inspired after a walk here. Now got get a life and see it for yourself!

So long,


Fräulein SoulFood

Comments

Popular Posts