Birthday "Boss"! (made it Day 2 -Wohoo!)


Really this all started with my “boss”. I write “boss” in quotes because although I have worked for her at The Brookview Teahouse (Matakana, New Zealand) for the past five years, initially as a dishwasher on Saturdays during high school then this and last summer fulltime “Managing” while on university “holiday”, over this time I have become close friends with my “boss”, Lynne Curry and her family, and “Brookie” has become my second home.

Now apparently she kind of believes in me (no pressure!!) at least in regard to my writing! As one of my Christmas presents from her was a book, “Will Write for Food” by Dianne Jacobs (who also has a blog). So far, (3/4 through!) I can highly recommend it, very practical but well-written advice from the crème de la crème in the industry! Obviously inspiring, otherwise I wouldn’t be “here”!

Even though I haven’t finished reading the book, it’s Lynne’s birthday today and as I just cant think of any more super-fantastical presents for her especially after Christmas… so I figured what could be better than gifting her my first PROPER post?!! A lot of things probably, but that’s all you’re getting Lynney! Happy Birthday and Enjoy! :)

I am working for her today, so she could have lunch at MY favourite restaurant “Soul” (actually this is probably my real gift to her!) which I will tell you about in the very near future!...

So long,

Fräulein SoulFood

Comments

Popular Posts