Lucky Who - was my Valentine?

Let's be honest, the D-day for all Singles is…V-day. No matter whether you "believe" in it or not, it's bound to be a shit day when everywhere you look and listen, you are reminded that you do not have a sweetheart to bestow your love upon. 

Since I do not presently have a sweetheart to concern myself with, I decided to pour some love upon the friend sweethearts in my life. 

It was my friend Schoeli's last day as my colleague, and so we tried to make it a little bit special.





She quickly returned the love with some doughnuts!


"A doughnut full of love?!"
"Yes please!"
The day continued on a wave of positivity, as the girls from the flat I had viewed the night before, emailed me to let me know that I could move in the following day! Hallelujah!!! It was about bloody time!

In the evening I was supposed to head to a friend's birthday celebrations out "in the country", but since I suddenly had to organise yet another move early the next morning I didn't make it unfortunately. But I didn't want to be home alone on a Friday night either, so I spontaneously took up Schoeli and Basti's invitation to join them for a drink to celebrate Schoeli's start to self-employment!

Schoeli had chosen Lucky Who, another one of Munich's many bar-club hybrids. 





Of course before the Fräulein goes anywhere, she is sure to do her menu research. I had spied a very well described veggie burger on the menu. We went straight from work, and although I had stuffed myself with cake and doughnuts during the day, I was desperate for something savory. I felt like the burger might be the answer… 



And my goodness it was! The epic slab of grilled goat cheese was hugged by grilled zucchini, aubergine and slathered in a slightly sweet fig-mustard sauce. I was a lucky lady. Instead of regular chips I had ordered the sweet potato or as we Kiwis say 'Kumara' chips, which came with a smokey BBQ sauce…Are you dribbling yet?! 


…we were! 
Basti went for the steak with homemade lemon-butter and rosemary chips:



We were already impressed by the food menu, but the cocktail menu really knocked our socks off! The menu itself is already a very prettily designed booklet, each cocktail has a specially designed page dedicated to it including a "fun fact". I started with a 'Manhattan', first concocted by Jenny Churchill the mother of Sir Winston Churchill.



I think it looked like this…



We sampled our way through the menu, so I kind of lost track of what was what. Not sure what Basti started with anymore, but whatever it was made him look pretty sophisticated. 



But Schoeli's was the tastiest of the first round, very appropriately titled:


It pretty much makes you feel like this.
Freshmaker: Vodka, lime, watermelon-kaffirleaf syrup and homemade ginger lemonade.
Can no longer identify this one (was something with licorice - ew!).



Or this one…



After dinner a few more friends joined and we continued our cocktail sampling. Although I soon forgot to take pictures. Soon the bar took on its club vibe, as the lights were dimmed, and the DJ took his place. As did the Hipsters. This is something the place could certainly do without, especially when there is a birthday crew of 30 of them…uff. 



So that was the time we decided to head home. I have to admit I have been dreaming about that slider ever since. So I suggested the place for a date tonight. Eating a burger is certainly not the most attractive, especially when one already has a talent for spilling things (ahem…). But at least if the date isn't great, I will have satisfied my burger craving, I like to think I make my own luck! :)

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts