A royal start to the day

One of the (few) perks of working at an agency is that I don't have to be in the office until 10am. Which generally makes breakfast dates a realistic option. So a week before Papa was leaving I was already struggling to decide where the perfect spot for his "farewell breakfast" would be. 

Well of course as Murphie's Law would have it, the day of his departure I had a meeting scheduled for 9am...grrr. Furthermore, a meeting which I had to direct, so I couldn't even be late! 

The place I was hoping to take him, only opened at 9am, so it kind of narrowed down our options. But, as always, it turned out for the best as we had a quickie breakfast somewhere I may not otherwise have discovered! 

Of course I had to get up extra "early" 7am (instead of 8...), but it was worth it just for having gotten to witness this sunrise spectacle...

  
Papa arrived…in a convertible. Naturally. :)


Although these two jokers were the last of the snow still chilling out, the temperature was still too frosty to drive roof down.  



It was a grand feeling getting chauffeured around Munich city in a car! Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but when you spend your life waiting for buses (no metaphor intended!), and sharing trains with not-so-sweet-smelling homeless people, the independence and personal space that a car provides, is absolute luxury! 

So I gave Papa some wrong directions so we could drive around just a bit longer…Hehehe! The light was stunning and I wish we could've pulled over several times because the buildings were staged so beautifully. But we were struggling to fit in a cooked breakfast as it was, so this was the best I got...







Finally we reached our destination, Cafe Luitpold.



Now you're gonna have to bear with me for a quick fire history round! Because Luitpold was another one of our many Bavarian royals. I find our royal history fascinating, but because there are so bloody many of them, and they all have such similar names, I struggle to keep an overview! But it helps to research it for myself and write about it.

Although Prince Luitpold of Bavaria was never King of Bavaria, he had to take hold of the reigns as Prince Regent several times. First when his nephew King Ludwig II aka 'The Fairytale King' (who built our Fairytale castle 'Neuschwanstein') mysteriously died three days after after having been declared "not sane". Next when Ludwig's younger brother Otto was crowned King, but who was also not mentally stable, so Luitpold took over once more. So one could say Luitpold was pretty important. 

Now back to the cafe! In our hurry, we kind of missed the official entrance and snuck in the back way through the little atrium.


The grand piano would suggest someone plays here? Perhaps in the weekends?

I must admit, when we arrived I was a bit surprised by the dusted interior. The website was so modern and well designed, that it didn't really match my expectations of the setting. I did enjoy sitting in the atrium space though, not only because Papa and me had it to ourselves, but also because you got to peek into the kitchen.


Papa and my very tasty carrot, orange and ginger juice.

And we got to watch the artist at work, preparing Papa's eggs Bene.


Ooh la la! What a fine lookin' pair of Benes…très bien!
And wait for it…


Mmmagnifique!
And for Fräulein fromage - 'Le Petit Suisse'.



Papa couldn't wait to dig in!



…But WAIT! Photo first! 


"Are my Benes sitting correctly???"
All good! :)
We scoffed down our meals and as soon as the fork touched our plate for the last time we requested the bill. We dashed through the cafe and I snapped a couple more pics of the actual interior, which was actually - pretty nice!





And this…well this just made me stop in my tracks!



How did we miss the main entrance?!! I would've had one of these for breakfast! Ah well, suppose I'll just have to return for a royal afternoon sometime.

But Papa had the sweetest treat of all waiting for me back in the car anyway:


Too cute.
There's no denying I have the best Papa in the world. And look…


I only had one piece that week! :)
I still ended up being 10 minutes late to "my" meeting, but heck it was worth it! 

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts