A room fit for a Duchess

After brunch with Julia and the horses I returned to my new home to this...



Turns out unpacking - not so much my thing! But needs must, and after a few hours this:

Before.
Had transformed to this:

After: Now my "writing chair".





Yes, yes I know, I too am puzzled about where my sudden thing for all things pink came from. Perhaps it's because I never had that "princess" room that most girls dream of (secretly?)???

I really can't take credit for most most of the decorating anyway since I am really only "room-sitting" until mid-july. So as much as I am looking after it as if it were my room, it's only for the time being. But that's more than fine by me, because I am just appreciating every minute I get to spend here! 

I was a bit sad about having to farewell the view from my last temporary home, because despite being in the city, I got to see green.



 And I knew I would miss watching the neighbour's kids ride their "ponies"...




But it only took the first sunset to have me convinced that my new view was just as good.



And from the kitchen...


As you can see, I am surrounded by churches, which is pretty convenient since they are a constant reminder of the time, also my theory as to why Germans are always punctual! Admittedly, when the church bells are clanging away on Sunday morning and you're head is already pounding after the excesses of a Saturday night...not so pleasant, but generally I am up before they get a chance to wake me anyway.

Those chimneys are (one of?) the Munich power plants, across on the other side of the Isar. I never thought that could be a nice view, but I've kind of become obsessed with them. There's something outerworldly about them. No? Just me then...

I love how the delicate alcoves of the traditional kindergarten/school building clash against those mighty industrial chimneys.




I think I'll have to keep this wee "sunset series" going!

Until next time.
Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts