Nero nights & Sausalitos' Saturdays

New Years is just around the corner…And the last thing I want to think about. Every year, I plan not to have plans, which obviously never works out and I just end up working and rushing somewhere ten minutes before the clock strikes midnight, in very un-Cinderella like fashion…

This year was supposed to be different, an extravaganza: "New Years in New York" with my fellow Classy Bird, Princess N. Since she has been living her dream at the world of Princesses (Disney) in the land of dreams (the US of A) and this was to be our fabulous reunion.

Unfortunately it was not to be this year, since she only just found out whether or not she would get New Years off, which meant we couldn't actually plan anything. :( So instead we are aiming for April, by which time, I will hopefully have a disposable income again, and the cherry blossoms will start to flower in Central Park! Definitely still plenty to look forward to!

But of course, what I will be looking forward to most is seeing Princess N!!! And as much as I have had ridiculously crazy/stupid/fun nights out in Munich with my local Classy Birds Linds and Lisa-Marie, I wish Nic was here to experience it with me. One day.

In the meantime however, I have been trying to make Princess N and the society proud with some classy outings, such as Sausalitos' Saturdays (averagely classy, but hilarious) and regular visits to Nero, where Lisa-Marie works (very classy, royal treatment and always entertaining)!

Here are some impressions of what such outings may look like! :)

Nero nights:




We must always, always have a 'Funghi with proscioutto & truffle oil' pizza, gluten free of course. Linds always gets my proscioutto also.


'Funghi with proscioutto & truffle oil'. Extra truffle oil.
Served to us by the charming Besnik.

 


Who enjoys photo bombing our pics…

As entertaining as Besnik is, Lisa-Marie will always be our favourite waitress, and even if she isn't serving us, for her, we stay til closing when she can sit with us.



And while Linds and Lisa are busy cuddling, I'm busy savouring the Tiramisu.




It gets the 'SoulFood Seal of Approval'.

While Nero nights will usually take place after a night out as a means of "recovery", Sausalitos' Saturdays usually get us in the state one needs recovering from…


Usually due to a 'quickie' round (or three) of Averna Sours.
I'm bad at math, but that's several cocktails per person.

Lisa likes!
Lüfchen likes!
And Linds also looks quite happy about it!
Gotta cheers to that!
After a few rounds, we get a bit romantic, and start to roast our marshmallows over the fire…



As well as declare our love for one another, by carving each others names into the candle. Its flame symbolising the eternal flame of our friendship. :)



Before we just show each other.





And it ends up being a night for the books.



I may not have made it to New York this year, but for now, Munich will continue to do just fine as long as these Classy Birds continue to hang around! (Nic, you're always here in spirit!) 




Of course the bloody tree turns off just as I jump in the picture...
I had planned to do another post before New Years, but since I need to move our of my flat by the 31. and still have to find a new home, I have a sneaking suspicion that I may not manage another post for this year…

So just in case I don't...




Happiest of New Years to all my friends around the world!!!
(Yes Mama, that includes you.) 

Much love from the Duchess, Huntress, Knuffy, Schenzi, Jules...


Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts