Sunshine in South Tyrol

After almost two weeks of non-stop downpours, that led to extreme flooding in Southern Germany and emergency evacuations, sun was needed. Or at least the rain needed to stop! Thankfully it did. And I'm grateful that none of my family/friends had their homes destroyed by the floods. The worst I had to suffer was a battering by the wind and getting soaked down to my skin after giving in to the irrepressible urge to go for a run in the rain just to get out of the house! Since I spent these two weeks cooped up inside catching up on uni (story of my life!), I needed a break, a change of scenery. I needed, this...


Ahhhhh...
Since Papa was conveniently heading to South Tyrol for business, and I occasionally have to edit material for this business for him, I thought it was only fair he take me along. 


Tough work...
As you can see, I was very productive amongst my batch of beanbags...Papa couldn't help but include some product placement. I'd say it's the moneyshot for 'Kiku' apples?! Probably should've charged him for that...Then again, he is paying for me while I'm here which makes this mini-break an extra-special treat! Guess we're even then...

Besides, he knows how to really keep me happy—fed and "watered"! Preferably in a delightful setting. In this case, Wellnesshotel Weinegg


Obviously there was a bit of an alpine breeze that messed up the tablecloths, but not too shabby aye?!
Sigh...so enticing I almost "fell in".

It is conveniently located across the road from his workplace here, and was made famous for accommodating the German football team during their preparation for the last Worldcup. In honour of the trainer Jogi Loew, they named this cocktail after him.


The 'Jogi' -Martini Rosato, prosecco, a dash of soda & wedge of lime.
Admittedly, I had actually tried this a couple of weekends ago already (it just wasn't called that), but Martini Rosato has become my new poison of choice and makes for a perfectly refreshing afternoon sip...Papa and his business partner opted for the cutest macchiatos in the world, since they needed to be fit to continue working.


The complimentary truffles & cookies were a nice touch!
I on the other hand decided, that my work for the day (driving on the Autobahn for four hours...with a hangover) was done, and nestled myself into this beauty for the rest of the afternoon.


My new favourite fruit -basket apples.

It's kind of like a teepee or tent, except better because you get these intricate shadows. I could watch them all day...

After a wee nap, I was hungry once again...Thankfully it was already a legitimate time for dinner, so off we headed to show some SoulFood appreciation for what Italy does bestpizza! 


Amongst the usual toppings, there was a seasonal option featuring asparagus. Mama SoulFood is obsessed with fresh white asparagus, which is (as far as we know) not possible to get in NZ, so during her visit to Germany she stuffed herself with so much that (I quote) "she had it coming out of her ears". She is also obsessed with pizza, so this would have been her ultimate meal! 

We were positively stuffed, but fortunately still had a pleasant wander back to our hotel...





Serious...

Not so serious! Look what I found in the bush! I'm totally responsible for how amazing those roses look.



Papa can be quite funny sometimes also (I've never experienced better Mr. Bean impersonations than his!). He was pretty proud of his new earrings...I like how it looks like his brain is smoking from having to put up with me. :) 


Ciao for now!
Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts