Something a little sentimental & Round two of a round-up

Phew! Apologies about the Fräulein missing in action this past week. Twas another uni-packed week, since I made the shocking discovery that I only have three weeks left of uni...forever (!!!) So I figured I should probably stay home and get it done, rather than gallivant around the country...

Unfortunately this meant I didn't have too many distractions and for the first time since I left New Zealand, had the chance to get a little sentimental, perhaps even melancholic. 

As the sun flooded in my window, along with the warm, fragrant wind and the joyful squealing from the kids in the public pool across the road, I sat at my desk constantly distracted by the urge to go on an adventure!

Obviously I had to prioritise, and since I couldn't go out in the real world, I spent more time in the virtual world of Facebook...urrrgh...At least you can live vicariously through your "friends" right?! My real friend, Princess N, had officially finished her exams and my NZ girls were hitting Auckland town for the first time since I left...(clearly my Duchess party ways have been missed!) A moment I had been dreading, since I knew I would feel like I was missing out. Thankfully the girls must have sensed this and I was  made a part of the night via the next best thing...a very vino-fuelled Skype session! I wanted nothing more than to beam myself over and join in their tipsiness!

Apparently you can't have everything though, but life is short (uni or no uni!) so while I pumped through my work, I also made an effort to fill my week with bits of loveliness and have an "un-uni" weekend. Here are the results:


These two gents that spent a good part of the day playing cards, provided a nice distraction out my window. Must admit, I was tempted to join them...
This beasty (veggie) burger with caramalised, sesame-crumbed goatcheese was consumed at 'Cafe Zeitgeist' as part of celebrations for my friend Julia officially scoring her new lawyer job! Finally!
On the way there, we walked in the magical evening sun and passed some interesting sights...
Including this foliage covered building. Imagine if all ugly concrete buildings were covered in plants!
I was happy to discover that the U.G.L.Y. (U Gotta Love Yourself) shop previously shown here, that I still haven't managed to visit is having a super sale. Guess where I'll be heading this week!
I was in a bit of a shopping mood and intended to buy myself new runners. Instead I came home with these...Of course I can run in them!
A beautiful start to the morning. I have been living off cherries since they are so cheap here; half a kilo for 2.79 Euro! 
One of the old banker buildings in the Munich CBD. 
A cruise in the convertible officially marked the beginning of summer for me, there will be a post about this new pastime of mine soon...
BBQs generally aren't that exciting for pescitarians unless you live by the ocean, but I was more than happy at this BBQ, could've eaten the entire bowl of my friend's Greek salad!
Hung out with grandad for a bit and while rummaging through old family photos, stumbled across a few beauties...
My Oma, who was a great singer/yodeler and performed at Oktoberfest "imitations" around the world. She certainly looks the part here.

Peonies currently in full bloom in my Opa's garden.
Survived a trip to the public pool (not so easy for someone used to having their own pool & ocean). Unfortunately I wasn't quite sneaky enough to get the hotties lying next to us in this shot...  
I was surprised to find I actually enjoyed it, the water wasn't even gross! Then again, with 30 degree heat in the city, any source of water feels amazing. And the company I had was also very pleasant! 

That's enough for now I'd say. Back to work I get...
Have a splendid week!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts