My kind of tennis club –Dumpling demolition

A must on my list of places to visit in Girlan, South Tyrol (let's be honest, the actual reason I joined Papa on his little trip!), was the Rungg tennis club. Not to play tennis, but instead, to eat the best dumplings around! 



The first time I came to South Tyrol, Papa's business colleagues took us here for traditional Tyrolian/Bavarian dumplings and they had stuck in my memory ever since. They were that good! Fortunately his business colleagues are still club members, otherwise we truly would've missed out this time. Once again, I was a very lucky Fräulein!


Not a bad view; watching other people work out while stuffing yourself with dumplings...
We ordered the trio of dumplings all round, but to start with, the men shared a portion of 'Vitello Tonnato'—cold slices of roast veal topped with a kind of tuna and caper mayonnaise. Since the Fräulein doesn't eat meat, only seafood, I kind of felt like I was missing out...Until the men suggested I should just scoop the sauce off...I felt like I got to eat just the icing off the cake.


'Vitello Tonnato' -cold slices of roast veal topped with a kind of tuna and caper mayonnaise.  
But then, the dumplings arrived, and I felt like I really took the cake! 


The colours of Italy: Beetroot-, spinach- & cheese-dumplings, in chive-butter sauce & more parmesan.
Work hard, play hard?
Couldn't even wait to pose for the photo...got straight into the little beauties!
Dumpling aftermath. I really tried, but pathetically I couldn't manage the last little half...
Out of the three varieties (Beetroot, spinach and cheese), the traditional cheese was still my favourite. Apparently the beetroot ones are best served in a gorgonzola sauce which I can imagine as a winning combination, since they were a little sweet, and could do with a dousing of tangy gorgonzola. Food for thought for next time!

Off to do some sit ups or something before I start to look like a dumpling...

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts