Dinner-Party a la Gatsby and bathtub chillin'...Part II

Sincerest apologies that part II never happened yesterday! Just as I was in the flow of writing down the night's events...the internet crapped out on me! Once again I took this as a sign that I should probably be working on my 18 page publishing report instead, or the two pages of html code I have to suddenly figure out how to write, or update my CV so I can get a job in two weeks or, or, or...

But not this morning, time to finish the story. 

Where were we?...The party was rapidly killing my feet, but we still had the birthday party/flatwarming of my friend's friend to attend. The only way I was gonna make it, was the subway. Since even walking to the subway was a mission, I began to sing to myself a song that my parents would sing to me if ever we had a long distance to walk and my little legs were struggling. You basically sing it to distract yourself from the pain and keep putting one foot in front of the other. This takes some serious self-discipline. It only works in German unfortunately, but the lyrics go something like this:

and one and two and three...(count to ten with each step)...my hat, my stick, my umbrella!...and forward, backward, sideward, stop! (pop your leg out to each side and stop)...heel, toe, leg up! (again do the actions)...and one, and two, and three etc...

You get the idea, I was basically marching through the subway like a loony...but turns out my friends are also a bit whack since they decided this would make a great base for a rap. It didn't help that my friend Kathi had the "all eyes on us" part from Britney and Will.I.Am's 'Scream & shout' stuck in her head which kept getting thrown into the REEEMIIIX!... 

Sooner than we realised (and kind of sad about having to stop our "rapping") we had arrived at the flat. We were asked to help ourselves to a set of those Halloween "scary" teeth. We were a tad reluctant since we didn't know who may have tried a set and put it back in the box at the beginning of the party...but we didn't want to be party poopers either. I tried, but apparently my teeth aren't designed for them, since as soon as I put them in I just started dribbling all over myself. I figured I'm too young to be dribbling over myself, so decorated myself with streamers instead.

The flat was packed. It was huge, but still every room was filled. One was even filled entirely with balloons, much like those ballpools you get at McDonalds. I was quite tempted to dive in! 

Since we were so late, all obvious seating options had been taken, but I needed to sit. And then I had a flash of genius. The bathroom. Conveniently located directly next to the kitchen, the heart of the home party, there was the bathroom. The bathroom had a bathtub. A bathtub filled with alcohol...



...And empty cartons, and bags of ice water. So guess where I decided to perch for the rest of the morning. Yeeeaaah with my poor feet chillin' out in the bathtub of ice water! 



I soon had company.





As you can see from her expression above, Kathi got overly excited by the consumption of the Chili con Carne that was left over from the beginning of the party. All I needed was a drink and I was back to my old self, singing in the shower!



Apparently we were quite the attraction as we had a lot of visitors stop by during our time in the bathroom. We had a blast, so big ups to the guy who's bathtub I got to chill in. It was an honour.



As we were leaving we realised we had been destined to come to this party all along, since we even matched the corridor walls.



Now back to that publishing report...

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts