Birthday weekend -Part I

Phew the Fräulein has been busy doing so many things to write about, I can hardly keep up! Best continue chronologically.

It was the Fräulein's birthday recently, my 21st to be exact. As I like to keep things somewhat 'classy', it was never going to be a typical Kiwi 21st...No yardies, kegs or outrageous amounts of alcohol (and vomit thereafter...). All I wished for was for my nearest and dearest to join me in another Waiheke adventure and experience the dining pleasure that is...The Oyster Inn

I know I have raved about this place already, but it's just so good I will have to tell you more about it tomorrow.

Unfortunately most of my nearest and dearest weren't able to make it to Waiheke, due to grandchildren being born in Australia, mothers coming out of hospital, concert and work commitments...Which meant I had to make it a two part celebration. There are worse things. 


Unintenionally matching. Judging by her eyes, Theresa looked ready to go to bed prior to us even going out...

Part I consisted of showing Theresa around Auckland "town" on Saturday night. Not too much to show un/fortunately...We quickly ended up at 1885 where we met up with the girls that couldn't make it to Waiheke, who helped toast me into my birthday. That night the music was rather on the average side again (as has been of late), none of the sing along stuff, and the dance floor was far too crowded, resulting in a constant stream of personal space invasion. Generally by creeps. Maybe I was just supersensitive since I was sober apart from my glass of Moet to toast, but when one wants to genuinely just have a boogie but is constantly having to fend off creepy hands it becomes slightly irritating. Needless to say, I put those candidates in their place.


Theresa (sleeping again!), Becca, moi, Miccy and Nicola (unfortunately behind the camera).

Nicola gifted me this gorgeous wee daisy ring with the following quote...
...That almost made me cry. Bit too cute Nic! 

Along with her gift she gave me this card...She knows me too well! It was filled with more beautiful words (which I won't share on here, but treasure all to myself!). Thank you Princess Nicola.

At 2am (just as the music started getting decent!) we decided it would be an appropriate time to leave as I still had the one hour drive ahead of me, and we would have to get up again in a few hours to drive back to the city to catch the ferry to Waiheke. 

All in all, not the best night in "town", but perhaps it was rather that the past couple of times out were slightly insane (in a good way!), so a "normal" night no longer did it for me?

For the better and thankfully "real" part of the birthday weekend, check in again tomorrow!

Your truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts