Just kiddin' around…

I had planned to cram all the photos from my last excursion prior to Oktoberfest into one post, so I could get to the Wiesn round-up ASAP! But we were in Austria for four days and there are just too many pictures, so you'll have to endure a couple more posts prior to  this year's Oktoberfest feature… 

The weather was typically gloomy like last time in autumny Austria. We didn't have a convertible this time, but no matter, I was eager to conquer the mountain by foot. Since it was the first hike of the season and we had granddad in tow, we took a relatively easy route up to the familiar 'Hollenauer Kreuz'.

We stumbled across a pretty cute watering can collection on the way…





But they weren't as cute as these new kids on the block! 



They were a bit shy to begin with, hiding behind stinging nettles, but I lured them to come introduce themselves!



And pretty soon we were friends.





In fact, such great friends, that I got a complimentary hand wash. The kid encouraged its other friends to join us… 


But this one had no interest in befriending a human, and resolutely occupied itself with the tree stump. (I think it was jealous)… 




Brownie however was easier to convince. All it took was a bit of food.




After making two new friends, I figured it was time I returned to my old human ones to have some lunch with them. They seemed pleased about that!




Next on my list of animal friends to make was this little guy…


But as I went to go outside, an even littler guy, very much resembling a mouse, crossed my path and I screamed the house down. Thankfully not many patrons were left to witness my embarrassing over-reaction, but enough to make me want to leave pretty swiftly.

Guess I will have to save introducing myself to My Little Pony until next time!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts