Gigs & giggles

Yeah so much for whipping out all those adventures this week...how does the time fly by just so quickly?! It's almost Christmas!!! But I can't even think about that just yet...

So far, all you have seen of my Autumn adventures have been nature related outings, (yes, there will still be a few more of those to come!) and it may have looked like I haven't been getting my party fix. Well, don't let what I post on here fool you! 
 

I think I have mentioned the latest addition to our Creative Department, Design Intern Lisa aka Lüfchen! Lüfchen moved to Munich just a few weeks ago, so as well as being my desk buddy, she has also been joining in on our adventures. When we both aren't stuck at work til 10pm...

A couple of weeks ago, she invited me on her own adventure, as she had tickets to a gig by a girlband called 'Laing'. Since I love a good gig, enjoy most styles of music and was keen to get to know Lüfchen beyond our computer screens, I was more than pleased to join her!

We made an evening of it and squeezed in dinner at Sinans Cucina for dinner beforehand. Unfortunately my camera kind of tricked me that night, and had shown me full battery at home, and as soon as I went to photograph my epic pizza, it died on me. So all I managed to snap was the salad, while Lüfchen's iPhone had to capture the rest.


Lüfchen's delish salad with honeymelon and caramelised goatcheese.
My "Romeo & Julia" (German Juliet) pizza, largest pizza of my life!
As you can see, the pizza was ginourmous! I didn't quite manage all of it, no matter how much I stuffed myself. But while I felt like twice my normal size, the picture is a great optical illusion, as the pizza actually dwarfs me. Best, pizza, ever.

The gig itself was also a winner. According to Wiki 'Laing' are:

A group from Berlin, made up of three singers and one dancer/choreographer. Their style is Electro-Soul-Pop, self-described "Electric Ladysound".


Well that definitely doesn't sum up their awesome stage presence, theatrical performance and witty lyricism. My favourite part though was that they sing in German. A bit of a pain for me, since I struggled to figure out some of the lyrics to sing along to at first, but thankfully I had a well-versed Lüfchen by my side. 

Not my image, but kind of gives you an idea about their onstage theatrics.
Lüfchen's shot. Once again, almost front row.
After this outing with Lüfchen, it was onto another night out with the always crazy blondes Lisa and Tanja.


The following weekend Linds and Lüfchen joined us also...

 

Must've thought this was an extrodinarily cool matchbox?...
Gorgeous ladies.
Oh stop it you...
"I like large parties, they..."
 
Lisa was a little distracted, while Linds was getting "friiiieeend"-ly! :)

Naturally Linds and I were the last (wo)men standing til the wee hours of the morning though, and a further addition to our "post-party escalator" series was made.

 
Evidently, I was struggling to keep me eyes open at this stage, while Linds was just going for 'hot'.

While we waited for one of the morning subways to take us to a place for slumbering, we had the honour of witnessing this guy's performance. Unfortunately the videos take too long to upload on here, but a picture speaks a thousand words also.


Another night I will never forget. The other gig & giggles are to follow soon. 

Until then!
Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts