An Autumn wedding

Since I am quite partial to alliteration, I was tempted to title this post 'Wiesn wedding'... :) But then I thought better of it, and even though this wedding was actually during Oktoberfest time, it definitely got me out of "Oktoberfest mind". Which was a welcome break, at least for 24 hours. 

Who's wedding was it, I hear you pondering?! Well on the 4th of October it was finally Sarah and Tom's special day. 

I was still slightly hungover from a full day of Wiesn on the 3rd, which is a public holiday here, so before I was going anywhere, I needed a vitamin restoring hang-over feed...


The Feed.
Baby potatoes with herring & browned sage butter.
As you can see I also had some sage tea, and I must admit, I was having a bit of a sagey phase. But there is just nothing like browned butter with delicately crispened sage leaves, over some plain homemade pasta.

On to the big event. Weddings are very personal, and I know not everyone is comfortable with having their personal photos floating about in the world wide web, but I still wanted to capture an impression of the day, so I decided I would only show an exclusive selection of images that don't really reveal the couple.

Since I am pretty much an honorary member of Sarah's family, I arrived early along with her brother and sister, while Sarah and Tom were still having their photos taken. Unfortunately I wasn't quite as on to it, and didn't get any shots of the couple and this beauty...





The wedding venue is called 'Blumenthal', which translates to 'Valley of the Flowers'...Now if that's not the perfect name for a wedding venue?! Coincidentally, it also happens to be where my grandad was born! 

This was his family's house. I kind of wanna fix its crumbling facade...

'Blumenthal' is tiny, it's not even a village, but merely a cluster of buildings. I think it used to be a monastery? In any case, the cluster contains a church, the church Sarah and Tom said their vows in. Now obviously that bit is far too personal, but I think this is okay...


After the ceremony, we had bubbles under the colourful Autumn canopy.


Although it's only Autumn, there was already a wintery bluster blowing about (and the first snow fell only a week after!). So after knocking back the refreshing, but warming bubbles, we scrambled inside the cozy restaurant, where this Jazz trio provided a perfectly smooth backdrop to the chatter of family and friends...


...and dinner was served.

For the carnivores.
For the veggies.
Since Sarah and Tom have recently become vegetarians themselves, the veggie option was extraordinary! A kind flourless, cheesy spinach roulade with a mushroom bechamel sauce and parsnip carrot gratin. Hmmm...

There was a short digestion break, and time for silly photo taking.

Julia (Sarah's sister) & moi.
 Some serious photo taking!

Red hot Julia!
Before the couple's first dance.

Isn't this sneaky?! They couldn't have posed better!
And the rest of us joined until the wee hours of the morning. A wedding that couldn't have suited the couple any better! Thanks for the wonderful day Sarah & Tom. Before I log out for tonight, I couldn't resist including this pic...


I'm sorry Sarah, I'll take it down again if you want, but it's just too pretty. A truly glowing bride! Must've been that water she drank all night... :)

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts