Autumny Austria - Part II

As surprised as I have been by the beauty of this Autumn, I'm starting to get sick of it being the title of my posts. I admit, I haven't been the most creative lately, as I suppose all my creativity has been getting poured into work. However this is finally the second part of Autumny Austria, so I really couldn't have mixed up the title now could I?!

In case you didn't remember what Autumny Austria Part I looked like (heck I didn't...), this was where Papa and I left off...



Unfortunately this wasn't quite what our ride looked like, we had a humble Volkswagen convertible instead. But it was a convertible nonetheless, so off we went on our joyride to "wherever"!


"Wherever" turned out to be 'Aschau', which as you can see is the "geographic midpoint of the Kitzbuehel Alps". Despite this sense of geographic importance, there's really not a lot around Aschau. Except of course this genius wee thing...


 

Yes, that is a portable barrel drinking hut! Can you imagine how fun apres-ski sessions would be in there! I want one for Christmas please Papa???...Oh yeah so Papa was my chauffeur.


And as he focussed on the serpentine road, I took in the scenery...






 

 



...while suffering from a pang of nostalgia as well as a minor anxiety attack. I just don't know what it is about Papa, but as soon as I so much as hear his voice via the phone I could already start crying! 

Okay, I do start crying a little...so you can imagine what it's like when I actually see him. I know it's silly and I should just be grateful for the fact that I even have a Papa, but on the other hand it's not as simple as that, because as my "honeymoon" phase with Munich is most definitely over, and I'm still finding myself loving it here, I realise that my life will always mean missing someone I love. The downside of having your friends and family scattered very liberally around the world. 

Ah well, no time to dwell, continuing to cruise around in convertibles should keep me happily distracted...

My camera had run out of juice at this point, so Papa sent me the photos from his phone with the subject: 'pretty woman, pretty car'...naaaaw!
...even if it means having to crank up the seat heating and wearing my favourite Winter item, that parka. 

We just had a big pitch deadline at work, which meant I got home between 9:30 and 10:30 every night, but I will try to catch up a view posts this week!

Until then!
Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts