Positively Papa

So I haven't exactly been having a "winning" kind of time lately. There have been beautiful/exciting/humorous moments here and there which I've tried very hard to focus on, but overall, work which now also seems to be my life, has been getting me down. 

For the past two weeks there has been nothing to do. If there is anything more frustrating than being at work all day, it's being at work and having nothing to do but enter contacts into Outlook. Especially when the weather has become summerly again and there are a million other things I would like to be doing.

I understand that as an intern you don't just get the "fun" jobs, but I'm the kind of person that needs a challenge. Since I began the internship, my left eye has been twitching furiously. Apparently this is quite a common occurrence (?), in my circle of friends anyway...So after two weeks of entering contacts, my other eye too has begun to twitch, to the point where I actually can't concentrate on the business cards anymore...If there is one thing I've learned over the past two weeks, it's to appreciate good business card design.

In addition to not exactly enjoying myself at work, I have been missing M & P some more. Another negative side effect of doing mindless work, your mind tends to wander to places you'd rather not go...

Hence I have been counting down the days, no hours, until Papa was to arrive this coming weekend. But to my most pleasant surprise, I already got to see him straight after he touched down yesterday morning, for my favourite meal of the day, breakfast/brunch!

Since I don't normally have anyone to go out for breakkie with (since normal people start work at normal times...), this was an opportunity not to be wasted! Plus, I had to find something extra special for Papa!

Look who it is! Papa's back!!
I have mentioned the Vorstadt Cafe before, since they do interesting cocktails and there is a plethora of relaxed outdoor seating. Whenever I've been there (for their cocktail happy hour), I have always got food envy, so after doing a quick menu check, it was decided.

We decided to share the 'Ricks' -scrambled eggs with sheep cheese, capsicum, and roast potatoes as well as Quark with cherries and shaved almonds (Euro 13,90) and the 'Oriental' -yoghurt-peppermint drink, scrambled eggs with chilly and dates tucked in a Turkish wrap as well as fruit salad with honey and barberries (Euro 13,50). All their breakkies come with a basket of various breads, butter and jam.

The first parts of the meal arrived...

The yoghurt-peppermint drink.
Generally I don't like peppermint, and milky drinks even less, but this was perfectly refreshing.

Next up...

Quark with cherries and shaved almonds.
...and...

Fruit salad with honey and barberries.
Now those barberries were amazing. I'm not going to lie to you, I had to google what they were, because I'd never had them before, but that already made the breakfast worth having.

Slowly but surely our two tiny tables were beginning to overflow...


But there was still more to come...

The main component of the 'Ricks'.
And the 'Oriental'.

Yep, we had our work cut out...


But don't you worry, together, we managed! :)


See?!


I really don't have anything to criticise except terribly annoying wasps we were competing with for our food! But that was hardly Vorstadt Cafe's fault, we could've gone inside, if I hadn't been so desperate for some (sporadic) sunshine!



So for just a couple of hours, I was a happy chappy! And it was all thanks to Papa.
Hope you had the best start to your week?!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts