Sabrina in Sydney - Part 5, Manly Sunrise & Bondi Brunch

My final day in Sydney with Sabrina was an extra early start - in time for Manly sunrise chasing. The sun and surf would soon be up...


But we still had some time for a walk along the beach, and to stop by Sabrina's coffee haunt for some takeaway, to keep our fingers warm on a chilly April morning...



...before playing witness to a most glorious sunrise:


I've always preferred sunrises to sunsets - the promise of a new day, when most of the world is still in slumber... well not so in Manly!


The beach was actually already a hive of activity with people of all ages going for their morning run, walks, swims, and of course - surfs...


With a Monday morning like that, we were away laughing - Sabrina all the way to work...



...and me from one beach...


...onto the next - arguably the most (in)famous of beaches in the world: Bondi.




Where of course it was time for brunch! My friend Tanith - a Bondi-local - had recommended Good One (good one Tanith! ;)...


Unfortunately my first two brunch options were already sold out after a busy weekend, but no matter: you can't beat a classic Eggs Bene

As it turned out, the owner of Good One, is in fact also owner of one of my favourite restaurants in Auckland: Amano (post on that coming soon!).

My original plan was to embark upon the Bondi to Coogee coastal walk. However, perhaps you noticed the brooding sky above my eggs Benedict? 
(and also how this guy's outfit matched my brekkie?! :)



Well just as I left Good One, the heavens opened up and the streets of Bondi turned into rivers. 

As there was no sign of the rain stopping anytime soon, I caught the bus back to Surry Hills for a debrief and farewell coffee with Tanith, before walking from Surry Hills, to Redfern, up to Chippendale...


...and on to Newton.




Before ubering back to Alexandria for a farewell hug with Sabrina, and onto the airport for a very late night flight back to Auckland.

Of course my farewell with Sabrina was bittersweet because she'd made me feel so truly and utterly at home in Manly - that for those five days - it felt like we lived in the same city again...Which would be amazing!

However despite feeling so at home - I decided I won't be moving to Sydney any time soon! As much as I loved exploring and losing myself in the city, I felt like Sydney just isn't my city...

But thanks to all the ladies who made it the most wonderful time (you know who you are)! 

And it certainly was a great reminder, that even though I sometimes get sad that my friends are scattered all across the globe - I am also bloody lucky to have such friends to visit! To many more adventures!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts