Sabrina in Sydney - Part 3 Mountains, Margaritas & Soul-Sisters

Despite Sabrina and my most earnest intentions to get up at 7:30am to pick up our rental car...the fact that we didn't manage to get to sleep until about 1:00am, meant that wasn't going to happen...

So we had a bit more of a sleep in, until Sabrina unleashed her inner Masterchef and whipped up a two course brekkie for us - which apart from an unexpected, squirming protein addition in our cereal (totally not Sabrina's fault! :) - was delicious! 

Clearly reason to look so chuffed with herself :)


Where were we going to drive our rental car for the day? Well to the Blue Mountains of course! 

Since it turned out to be about a 2.5 hour drive, naturally I needed to refuel once we got to the town...



Before embarking on our walk...



Now I had never been to the Blue Mountains before, and due to the hectic build up prior to my trip, didn't really get a chance to research. However that made the vistas all the more breathtaking...



While I love the diversity of New Zealand landscapes, Australia's sheer vastness - as far as they eye can see - is impressive on another scale.



Fortunately Sabrina is just as snap happy as me, and has a slightly better camera on her phone than my cracked screen 5s...



I especially love the depth effect the new iPhone cameras create on portraits, although it does still pay to have a great photographer by your side to capture the moment.









After a good hour of walking and talking, there they were - the Three Sisters!


Along with two pretty happy (soul) sisters :)



But there was no time to dwell - another reunion beckoned - and we still had the 2.5 hour drive back to Manly.

After a run through shower it was time to meet up with the...legendary...Tanith, who had missioned over to meet me in Manly, all the way from her 'hood, Bondi - cheers to you Tanith!



Tanith and me met at surf & yoga camp in Bali toward the end of last year. However, in case you were wondering where that exotic name comes from, she is originally Scottish.

Admittedly it did take a wee while until I got used to Tanith's accent (she probably thought the same about my Kiwi accent...) - but once I did - man did we have a lot to chat about...Some people you just meet, and feel like you've know forever.

Apart from being similarly minded and having heaps to chat about, Tanith is also just a super cool surfer babe - like she actually surfs - all the time!  

All the luckier that Tanith has been a Bondi-local for a few years now, and we managed to keep in touch to plan a Sydney reunion. And a couple of those goblets of Margaritas each later - we had even turned into Tequila pixies! ;)


With a third pixie to join us, we were ready for a night out in Manly...


And while Tanith unfortunately had to catch the last ferry back, Sabrina and me stuck it out dancing 'til 2am, followed by Sabrina having her first ever pie! 
(I realise that is a bit random, but it was a momentous occasion, and I figured it tied this post back into something food-related!)

More about how Sabrina and I recovered the following day, next time...

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts