Freedom, books, flowers…

A wise friend sent this quote to me on Pinterest the other day - just before I went to pin it myself!


And so our weekend of wellness began. My view didn't change much between this… 



…and this… 



…and the screen of my Kindle. 

While having the luxurious freedom of doing nothing, we treated ourselves to massages, saunas and a gentle walk through the surrounding landscape.



The sun still didn't fully want to show itself, but just peeked through enough to allow us glimpses of the emerald lake.






To put it simply, we were happy.



Dinner the first night of our stay, was a bit of a surprise, since we were informed there would be no a la carte dining, but a "kitchen-party" instead. This meant that station were set up within the kitchen, featuring over 20 different courses, which you could collect literally from the kitchen! 

Obviously this was a bit overwhelming for mother and daughter SoulFood, and once again picture-taking was forgotten. 

The night continued with more silliness, induced mostly by the wine… 



…not me - Mama! - since I stuck with a  good brew… 



…and faded out to the sound of one of the Polish waiters (a very handsome one at that!) serenading us with the grand piano. The first song he played, was my favourite piano piece from my favourite movie The Intouchables, 'Una Mattina' by Ludovico Einaudi, very closely followed by 'Fly'

It made me feel like I was in the movie. The waiter would not have been much older than me, and the way he played every song off by heart for almost two hours was something else! Mama would have been more than pleased to have him as her son-in-law…so before she got any silly ideas, I whisked her off to our room.

The second day was more of the same doing nothing (not very interesting to photograph), but also our departure day. With a slightly heavy heart, we made our way back to Munich.

Of course not without more exploring… 


The Ivy House.







…and another culinary pitstop in Regensburg!



Recognise the table decoration?! You guessed it, another stop at 'Anna liebt Brot und Kaffee'. This time, to test the ice cream! Which also made me very happy.



A fabulous weekend indeed, but I could easily think of a few more things that Mr. Wilde could've put on that list of his. Like soulfood, massages, Mamas… 

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts