Hitting the right notes: Stereo Cafe

Really this post should've been included in my 'Ladies who lunch…brunch, picnic, BBQ & biergarten' post, but I felt this place deserved a post on its own. 

Once again I have Schoeli to thank for this culinary discovery. We met here for brunch after she had literally given me a wake-up call to inform me that we were meeting. I didn't get much say in the matter, just a choice to make - which place on her list to try. And so I chose 'Stereo Cafe'. 

You really have to know where you're going if you want to make it there. Despite being located on a very popular Munich street, it's tucked above the 'Stereo' clothing store. A very snazzy menswear store. I decided that if I were a man, I would spend a lot of money there. Thankfully I'm a lady, and I could concentrate on the food offered upstairs!

I wasn't feeling like the "traditional" breakfast fare, yet a croissant wasn't going to satisfy either. After all that rushing around in the morning I required something more substantial. So while Schoeli began her day with a very civilised espresso…


I ordered the veggie-burger. Which came with plenty of crunchy cucumber and creamy camembert, wedged inside a homemade curcumin bun. Excellent!



As well as an Über-satisfying smoothie! I forgot what exactly was in it, avo, spinach, rice- (or was it almond-milk?), sweetened with dates. It was a bit too savoury for my preferred  smoothie taste, but I guess the lack of sugar made it more healthy, which in turn made it tasty again! 


As you can see, Schoeli and I sat in the internal courtyard tucked out back. In order to reach the outdoor area one must sneak through the open kitchen. Always a good sign! I kind of wish they had made a glass facade so you could watch every move of the chefs.

Since I was so taken by the place, I took Niccy there the following week, as I was keen to sit inside - also very nice!


And try some of their sweet selection. Once again the decision proved difficult as everything in the cabinet was calling my name! In the end we went for the chocolate-filled brioche. Harmless from the outside… 


Death-by-chocolate material on the inside!


Furthermore we tested the banana-bread. Banana-bread is a pretty common find on most New Zealand cafe menus, but this one more than lived up to any Kiwi-counterpart I had tasted. Especially with the caramel butter.





The place has a good mix of people from hip, young business types, to "schiki-micki" couples and girlfriends - young and older - meeting for a gossip!


All in all Stereo hits all the right notes for me, and I plan to be back again soon to try some of the fabulous looking fruit tarts!

Until then - yours truly!
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts