Another Kiwi connection - Six60 in Munich

Even before the whole Wiesn madness had a chance to begin, Linds and me had already managed to have two raging "Wiesn Warm-up" nights...

As well as an official concert on the 10.10 (post-Wiesn) Six60 also played a "sneak preview" on the Thursday before Wiesn. The sneak preview was complimentary, so naturally we went. 

As we had planned to go to an actual 'Wiesn Warm-up' at Heart Club after the sneak preview, we were of course clad in our finest (only) Dirndl. The preview was at the Muffatwerk, which you should know, that although describing itself as the "International Art and Culture Hub" of Munich, is not exactly "fancy". But realistically, we weren't exactly expecting a full house anyway. 

Well we should've known better, and not underestimated the Six60 movement, because when we rocked up to a packed venue as the as the only people in Tracht, were of of course immediately classed as tourists, who didn't know better than that Germans don't actually run around in Lederhosn and Dirndl all the time...

But we didn't care, we were only concerned with shimmying our way to prime position, the front. And we got there...







I know, I wont get any prizes for "gig/festival photography", but it's the memories that count right?! And there were plenty of those made on both occasions. I was proud to be a Bavarian-Kiwi, or should that be Kiwi-Bavarian?...








As you can imagine, there were a handful of Kiwi expats/travellers at the gigs and crazily enough I met up with a Kiwi friend who happened to be passing through Munich that night. The world really is small. 

Naturally we also befriended a couple of Kiwi blokes, one who almost instantly started referring to me as "wifey"...I was flattered, but as I received another "proposal" from a Dutchman the other night, I'm starting to not see the funny side of it anymore and am getting somewhat concerned about this developing pattern. Linds is already teasing me about "all my husbands"! I didn't realise I have such a "Desperate Housewife" air about me?! Although I did bake cookies for my colleagues over the weekend, and felt very Bree Van de Kamp about it! :)

We shall see what proposals the long weekend brings...
Off to work!

Your truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts