A little glamour never killed nobody…

It's 2015! How the heck did that happen?! Every year I am stunned when Christmas arrives and next thing I know, I am counting down the seconds to a new year. Although I kind of missed the countdown this time…But more about that another time. 

While I never did manage to get up all the blogpost prior to the new year, I am still optimistic that I will get them up prior to my holiday being over. That's in two days and I still want to go skiing for a couple of days. Hmmm…perhaps I'm being too optimistic?! Ah well, you've got to dream big!

And in dreaming big lies my perfectly executed segue to the glamorous Gatsby party Luefchen and I recently attended. Because if there was ever a fictional character to be obsessed with delusions of grandeur, it would be Gatsby, Jay Gatsby.


Though, like most parties in this day and age, this Gatsby soiree was announced via Facebook, it was written in true Gatsby style and sounded very promising. Luefchen and me were well overdue for a catch up and quickly decided to purchase tickets despite not knowing where we would be partying, as the address of the Gatsby manor was still to be announced. 

Of course we never need much persuasion to attend a classy party, really any party for that matter and appreciate an occasion we can really get dressed up for. The Gatsby gig was no different.





My super-sweet flatmate was kind enough to lend me her Swing-style tassel dress, so all that was needed were a few over-the-top accessories.


And of course, gloves! What I loved most about the otherwise simple dress…Its sneaky backlessness!


In case you were wondering in whose fancy apartment our wee photoshoot took place, neither mine nor Luefchen's unfortunately. 

This is Fred's place, where Luefchen was residing until she recently managed to nab her own slice of highly prized Munich real estate. Although with a look like below, I'm not sure how she didn't manage to score one sooner! Surely any male real estate agent would have let her sign a lease on the spot after falling prey to "Luefchen's look of seduction".


After enough selfies were taken we made our way to the Gatsby manor on Munich's "Long Island" - the Praterinsel (which I last visited and reported about in Summer).

First impressions were…impressive.


As the Facebook event had around 2000 attendees and tickets - including new releases - had sold out, the entrance times had been staggered to avoid everybody arriving at once and having to stand in line for an hour. That was well organised we thought, until we turned the corner and discovered that there was an epic queue for the coat check.

In the end we waited an hour and a half to get to the front of the line, at which stage we were informed that there was no more room and we would not be able to check our coats. Probably a good thing in hindsight, as many coats were lost and/or stolen that night. 

So with our coats draped over our arms and drink in hand we made our way through the maze of vaulted spaces to the dance floor.



As we struggled to get our boogie on to the Swing beat, a space parted within the middle of the dance floor and seemingly out of nowhere corsets, glitter and feathers arrived.









They did their thing until they could shake their tail feathers no more, and disappeared as swiftly as they had appeared, as the crowd of dapper young ladies and gents merged back together. 

While I generally enjoy Swing music, after over an hour of just that, we just hadn't really got in the mood and were craving some beats from our era to shake our tassels to. So we decided to head to our favourite club, which unfortunately we never quite made it to and in true, Classy Bird fashion, we ended our night at Maccas.

Though the great Gatsby party didn't quite live up to all it had promised, the most important thing is, that I had a fabulous night out with my lovely Luefchen. 



Hope you all had a classy New Years!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts