Not-so-naughty granola

Since Theresa arrived, Fräulein SoulFood has had to adjust to a new, slightly rigorous morning routine. I had mentioned to Theresa about how I'd like to give the workout DVDs  a go that she once talked about, a long, long time ago... 


Fit & sexy, Fatburning intensive and Tight and toned with yoga...what did I get myself into?!

I must've sounded quite convincing, perhaps even enthusiastic (?!) as these were the first things she pulled out of her suitcase. That's what saying these things willy-nilly gets you: A work out first thing in the morning, followed by a dip in the pool before breakkie. Ah well...could be worse! I think...although my muscles, or rather their reappearance would beg to differ.

As I know she generally has fruit, muesli and yoghurt for breakfast, I thought I would make some granola to make her feel right at home. I got a rough idea for appropriate granola quantities off some "Healthy Eating" website (unintentionally), but basically just mixed until it tasted decent. I have to admit, it almost tasted better initially when it was slightly warm and soggy after I had mixed the golden syrup into some warm water to soak into the oats...almost! 



Warm, soggy mess of goodness!

I had some tart plum compote left over from some dairy and gluten free cakes I had made the previous day, which mixed in rather deliciously with some natural yoghurt, the freshly baked, crunchy granola and a drizzle of manuka honey. Yes, I did have breakfast for dinner that night. It was a treat.


A girl's gotta treat herself!


Hope you have been treating yourself lately!

Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts