A different kind of soul-food...

So life has been getting in the way of some soul-food appreciation again lately...
Apparently my body has not been impressed by this either, as it has finally decided to let in some icky flu bacteria. Fortunately this has meant that I have been stuck at home, with enough time to catch up on life in the “blogsphere”!

As I have not had a great appetite for food lately, mostly due to the deluge of snot that continues to flow from my nostrils, I thought I would share some other soul-feeding happenings in Fraeulein SoulFood's life prior to 'The Flu'. The most inspiring by far being the annual creative event that is 'Semi-Permanent'. I was introduced to 'Semi-Permanent' in 2008 by my then design teacher (now friend!), and one of the speakers was Stefan Sagmeister. To this day (after three further 'Semi-P's!) he remains my favourite speaker, I still remember thinking to myself during his presentation, “I want to be like him”. His part manifesto/personal diary inspired series “Things I have learnt so far”, which were in the end all commissioned to be on billboards by clients, still strikes me as designs that are not only approached with cleverness, but I think more importantly with heart, which is what really gives them their power. I shall leave you to discover them for yourself...

This years favourites included Sydney based Benja Harney, 'Paper-engineer' (although Frauelein SoulFood prefers to call him “Paper God”, which she did at the 'Semi-P Wrap Party', and he seemed to appreciate it!) who I first came across in this interview. Twin design-duo 'Moffit.Moffit', creative directors also from across the Pacific and finally our very own Auckland based creative/advertising firm 'Special Group'.

In other news... I discovered 'Food Designer' Andrew Stellitano today, who really is an artist in his own right. I thought it rounded off todays slice of “Designer SoulFood”!





Yours truly,
Fräulein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts