Frauelein SoulFood's Birthday Escapade to Wellington!


Bonjoooouuuurrr! As it was Frauelein SoulFood's birthday on saturday (where are all your congratulations?!!) the SoulFood family had planned a trip to our wonderful capital of Aotearoa; Wellington, or "Wellywood" as it is known by the super proud locals that grab every opportunity they can to brag about the talents that come out of their Wellingtonian creative pool, like Peter Jackson and most recently Bret McKenzie...

They reckon they are the "Capital of Cool"...hmmm cool indeed, it was bloody freezing! 11Degrees Celsius compared to Auckland's tropical 18-21!! But I wouldn't want to be diagnosed with "Tall Poppy Syndrome"...hence I must enforce, that their bragging is in some cases, justified. Although I will be breaking down the following in Fraulein SoulFood's painstaking detail over the coming days (realistically probably weeks...), here is what you have to look forward to learning more about:

Friday 2nd March:
  • Check in at 'The Art Museum Hotel'
  • Lunch at 'Zibibbo'
  • Seal Safari/incredibly rugged Welligtonian landscape tour
  • Dinner at 'Floriditas' (apparently also where the cast&crew from 'Lord of the Rings' wine&dine...)

Saturday 3rd March (my BIRTHDAY!):
  • Bubbles Breakfast at 'Finc.' (a great little cafe which we also shared with local "celebs" from shorty street!) + surprise of my friend joining us for brekkie!
  • Fabulous 'Unveiled' Exhibition at Te Papa Museum (Bridal Fashion over the past 200 years)
  • 'Underground' Market on Wellington waterfront
  • Birthday Dinner at 'The Ambeli'
  • Drink at 'Hippopotamus' Bar&Restaurant (Hotel)

Sunday 4th March:
  • Visit to local produce market
  • General wandering (while trying not to get blown away!)
  • High Tea at the 'Hippopotamus'

Wow!! Even just writing all of this is another whirlwind! I have to give special thanks to Mama SoulFood, who as usual outdid herself particularly in the organisational and "SURPRISE!!" departments, and Papa SoulFood for the financial assistance/total sponsorship! :)

The big 2-0 is a bit scary because I realise from now on the 3-0, 4-0 (eek!) do I dare say it 5-0 (!!!) will follow each other more and more rapidly! But I suppose this just means I have to continue living more and more mindfully, and with all my beautiful friends I'm sure there will be a lot more good times to be had!

Final thought I have to add, as much as I loved the weekend, it's good to be home... :)

Have a positively memorable week!
Yours truly,

Frauelein SoulFood x


Comments

Popular Posts