My "Ray of Sunshine"

I know, I know, Frauelein SoulFood has been MIA again lately, due to the fact that she has been trying (desperately!) to organise her future career/life.

Unfortunately the fruits of my labour are not quite ready for harvest! So it hasn't been the most encouraging time, however I am a strong believer in “if it's meant to be”, so for now I am doing my best and that is all I can do, all anyone can do really.

One thing that always helps however are some extra rays of sunshine. Not the thing that actually pierces down from the sky, but rather a “Ray-Ray”. Time to meet another character in Frauelein SoulFood's life; Rachel or Ray-Ray, as she is known at Brookview is one of those people who always has a smile on her dial. As soon as Ray-Ray bounces through the door in the morning I instantly get the urge to giggle. She's not funny looking, in fact she's quite stunning with her dark Maori features and silky black hair, particularly striking when wearing my favourite bright yellow shirt. Her Maori features stem from her papa (his name is Bob, and he's a builder!), her mama however is an English Rose. 

This caused some embarrassment for me, as the first time her mother came into the Teahouse asking for Rachel, I went looking for Ray-Ray to tell her some strange lady was looking for her. Obviously their colours didn't quite match, well...that taught me didn't it! But as usual Ray-Ray took it with a great sense of humour.

Ray-Ray is also very intelligent. Not only because she is one of the few people reading my work, but she is also studying second year Law. Oooh. Speaking/writing of intelligence, recently I have been thinking Fraulein SoulFood could do with a dose of that. I worry that she gets trapped in this SoulFood bubble while the grey matter is shriveling into the size of a walnut. Gosh I hope non-metaphorically speaking the brain is actually larger than a walnut to begin with...must google that. So as I was saying, the other day I mentioned to Ray-Ray my concern, about the lack of my general knowledge. Being the kind friend that she is, she instantly did her best to make me aware of all the things I did know about. She asked me for an example, and instead of saying something intelligent like Design or Art or something that I have actually studied, you wont believe what popped out of my mouth... HIP HOP! In what parallel universe did I believe I had an unsurpassed knowledge of HipHop?! I wouldn't even say I had a general knowledge. I expect “The Boss”, who is rather fond of Snoop Dogg would have more of a clue about HipHop than myself! In any case it was Ray-Ray's turn to have a laugh, so not all was lost.
So thanks Ray-Ray for reading and always making me feel good.

Yours Truly,
Frauelein SoulFood x

Comments

Popular Posts